A New Sound From Cold War Kids

Cold War Kids comes out with a new sound in their music and lyrics, staying in touch with their roots, Loyalty to Loyalty sounds energetic and bluesy.

When Cold War Kids debut album “Robbers and Cowards” came out with “Hospital Beds” and “Hang me up to Dry”, sounding a bit bluesy though sticking to indie-rock roots, influenced from Bob Dylan, and Billie Holiday.

With 12 new tracks, including, “I’ve Seen Enough”, “Something is Not Right with Me”, and “On the Night my Love broke Through” all with different unique sounds, and lyrics.

Band members, Nathan Willett (vocals/ guitars/ keys), Matt Maust (bass), Jonnie Russell (guitar), and Matt Averio (drums) add a bittersweet, rousing mood to their sound.

Their new hit song, “Something is not right with me” adds the tambourine sound that adds rhythm and funk to the song. With lyrics such as, “Something is not right with me, something is not right with me, something is not right with me/ how was I suppose to know/ something is not right with me/ something is not right with me/something is not right with me/ I’m trying not to let it show.”

Lyrically, Willet manages to mix the meanings from serious to funky. The sounds are twisted around adding tambourines and more guitars to the melodies.

Don’t worry, even though Cold War Kids has a new sound, they still manage to stay the true to their young, witty roots.

Cold War Kids is on the rise of their music career. Selling out their tour dates, in Washington, Texas, and Brooklyn, the California-based band is on the road.

Loyalty-to-Loyalty came out Sept.23rd along with Kings of Leon, and TV on the Radio. The only one worth purchasing would be Cold War Kids album. The obvious reason to purchase the album is they actually switch up their style and manage to keep you interested.