Mesa Taste Buzz

Mesa Taste Buzz

Turf Supper Club, located in the Golden Hills area, is a steak lovers dream come true. If you love meat, this is truly a treat.
The Turf Supper Club has a mouth watering selection of different cuts of steaks at a price that won’t break your wallet. Each steak is prepared to your specification and desire. Here’s the catch: it is prepared the way you like it because you cook it yourself.
Now, this idea might not be appealing at first, but, the shared grill gives an open opportunity to socialize with the other tables, attentive staff and relaxed atmosphere makes this spot different from all the rest. For those that enjoy steak rare to the point of it possible “mooing” this is the opportunity to do it without signing a waver.
Upon entering the restaurant the first thing that is noticeable is the big jukebox, there for everyone’s listening pleasure, ready to set the mood. The jukebox has every genre imaginable, from the classic rock sounds of David Bowie, taking it way back with Louis Armstrong and Billy Holiday, or rocking out a bit with the sounds of White Stripes to get your night jump started.
If there happens to be a wait for a table start the night right, there is a fully stalked bar and the options are endless. Beer, wine and well drinks are available and ready to be made for your drinking pleasure.
If martinis are your cup of tea get ready to have the perfect martini. Here, the bartender prepares the martini as if it were a work of art. When the shaken martini is served, the glass is chilled to the core, bits of ice shavings are floating in the glass with the perfect balance of vodka and flavor. Sweat beads drip from outside the glass, the first sip comes, this my friend means the night has officially begun.
Choose your steak: prices go from $7 for a tender New York steak, up to $15 for a succulent filet minion. When the selected cut arrives the meat is seasoned and wrapped in saran wrap. Unwrap it and place it on the grill and get your grill on.
There are a variety of condiments next to the grill made available to add as much flavor as your taste buds desire. The grill is set to a low grilling temperature making it nearly impossible to burn your steak.
The Turf Supper Club is a small, cozy establishment with a twist of dive bar and dash of rocker that gives the place a laid back feel. No need to bring out your prom dress and tuxedo. Jeans and your favorite t-shirt supporting your favorite band is the way to go. Tattoos are optional, but encouraged. The dinning area has big red booths all surrounding the grill, making it the main event.
Turf Supper Club is located at 1116 25th Street, (Golden Hills area) easily accessible from most major freeways surrounding Downtown San Diego, hours of operation are Sun 1pm to Midnight, Mon and Tues 5pm to Midnight, Wed through Fri 5pm to 2am, Sat 1pm to 2am