‘Angles’ great addition to ‘The Strokes’ repertoire

Angles great addition to The Strokes repertoire

Fans of The Strokes and alternative rock can expect a violent orgasm on a completed listen of “Angles,” for this is their best album since their debut almost 10 years ago.
It has been about five years since The Strokes last album release and their return results in an amazing album.
To fans this almost feels like lifetime to release another album. The future of The Strokes was uncertain; the band members have parted ways to their own solo projects and the album was delayed a number of times. Fans will be happy to see them back in the studio recording great music.
When listening to “Angles” there is almost a sense of nostalgia, The Strokes have been out of the spotlight so long they have a very antiquated feel about them.
For the most part, the sound tends to lend itself to the more upbeat melodies produced in their debut album, “Is This It.”
There are certain songs that have a very different feel than their more typical songs. “You’re So Right” has a distinctly different sound when compared to the rest of the album, in doing this it fragments what the album is trying to accomplish becoming a convoluted mess trying to be something different. “You’re So Right” is similar to “Vision of Division,” from “First Impressions of Earth,” itself being a forgettable song.
The rest of the assortment is excellent and all worthy of a purchase.
The album single “Under Cover of Darkness” has a catchy hook that will have listeners bobbing their heads along with the beat.
“Gratisfaction” feels like homage to Boston with the vintage sounding guitar hook. “Gratisfaction” rests on the upper echelon of The Strokes catalogue, along with the likes of “You Only Live Once” and “Is This It.”
On the more mellow side of the spectrum “Life is Simple in the Moonlight” showcases a softer sound with a much slower tempo.
“Angles” is about a third of the length of “First Impressions of Earth” and people may feel like they are getting less, they should not fret because this album makes up for that in quality.
Fans that have wondered, “What Ever Happened?” to The Strokes after their hiatus will be inclined to go listen to the old stuff and fall in love with The Strokes all over again.