Transfer season approaches on campus

Transferring to a four-year university, obtaining an associate’s degree or receiving a certificate of achievement is an exciting milestone for students across the campuses of the San Diego Community College District. After many semesters of hard work finally pay off, there are several events going on here at San Diego Mesa College to recognize student success and help these students celebrate.

If you plan on transferring to a four-year university in the fall and have picked your future school, be sure to stop by College Signing Day on April 26. College Signing Day is a part of the Reach higher Initiative that was started by First Lady Michelle Obama. This was an effort that’s purpose is to “inspire every student in America to take charge of their future by completing their education beyond high school, whether at a professional training program, a community college, or a four-year college or university.” It will be hosted by the Transfer Center and will be held from 10 a.m.-1 p.m. at the Mesa Promenade and again at 2 p.m.-5 p.m. in the Transfer Center at I4-306. They will be hosting a red-carpet photo booth where students will be able to take pictures and have the opportunity to share to their social media outlet of choice with the provided hashtags. Staff, faculty, and administrators are also asked to wear their alma mater apparel.

The next event that is also celebrating the success of transfer students is the Transfer Recognition Luncheon. The luncheon will be held on May 12, 2016 from 12:00 p.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Math and Science Quad. Reservations are required to attend. If you are interested in attending, be sure to register online before May 7th. The link can be found under the Transfer Center’s page on the school website.

If you are still deciding on a school to attend in the Fall or would simply like to learn more about other schools for the future, there are several other events that the Transfer Center is offering before the semester is over. Transfer Option Day will be held on May 2, where students can be offered on the spot admission from several institutions and learn about other options.