Act Like a Boy

What if the easiest way to avoid getting hurt in a relationship was to simply look at it from another perspective? When it comes to college flings; act like a boy. I see so many girls make the same mistakes over and over, and I’ve made them too. So he didn’t call you back, let that be that. And he’s dating other girls, sick, that means you can too. Unless he is something you can honestly wrap forever and three kids around, take it for what it is, and avoid the inevitable struggle of “Why doesn’t he like me.”

Don’t take everything personally

Lying, cheating, and sneaking around can result from either being insecure with himself, which probably wouldn’t matter who he was dating you at that point in his life– it’s something he has to go through and hopefully get over. OR you’re not keeping his interest and if so, except it and find someone who does. Taking a guy back after he cheats on you is extremely self destructive. Have the courage to end it. He’s not the hottest, smartest, funniest boy in the world, trust me.

They can and they will

Men aren’t inherently merciful. If they really didn’t want to hang or talk to you anymore, they would break it off, cowardly and quick. Tediously questioning your status will not ingrain you deeper in his memory. It will only make him wonder why he’s wasting his time with you.

Be picky

If you haven’t already noticed, boys have target prey just like any other male species. They know what they are looking for. May it be the weak drunk spawn or the down ass-chick, they know. Women, on the other hand, tend to fall for anyone who text messages them “You looked hott tonight” and then we act surprised later when our friend tells us he was dry humping Suzy’s sandwich on the dance floor. Don’t just go for any doofus. Know what you want. And wait for it.

Get over it!

It takes much less effort to brush something off than dwell on it for days. And it’s a far more psychotic act to remember than to forget. So try looking at the broad scope of things; Life goes on and so will you.

NEXT: Dude, please STOP acting like a girl