Has the embellishment of Ebola reached its parameters?

A patient transported from Frisco, Texas, with concerns of possible exposure to Ebola, arrives at the emergency room entrance of Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas on Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2014. (Louis DeLuca/Dallas Morning News/MCT)

You’ll have nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, irritated eyes, body rashes, stomach pain and sudden weight loss until reaching a severe health state. This disease attacks every organ in the human body except for your bones and muscles. These symptoms of Ebola are no joke and this topic is trending all over the media. With no known cure yet discovered and no way of surviving we have no other choice but to panic. Yes, it is a little unsettling to not know how far Ebola can go but are we exaggerating this plaque as U.S. citizens?

The fear of Ebola spreading is clearly a hot topic lately. This plague is non-treatable and that is what scares us the most. A gentleman by the name of Thomas Eric Duncan, who resides in Dallas, Texas is diagnosed with Ebola and under severe care. With this current Ebola victim civilians panic and think that its spread across the U.S. can be very likely. Though there is a lot of news and allegations about the topic it seems the disease is under control and as of now, we are all safe. 36,000 people are expected to die from the flu this year, with that statistic civilian’s worry that Ebola will spread and kill too.

The media has taken little to no time to make it known that the Ebola disease has come to the U.S. Though the matter has been exaggerated these past weeks; Social media like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Vine have not hesitated to update society with sarcasm and concerns regarding Ebola. With no guarantee on when a cure will be discovered, social media is trending this Ebola outbreak and making top news. With cartoon animations and exaggerations based on the world ending because of Ebola, we are letting fear affect us more than the actual reality that this terminal disease is under control and with proper care we are safe. Whether a person takes this outbreak lightly or with humor, social media has managed to rank Ebola as the main hash tag and topic in media lately.

There is a lot of speculation about whether or not we have a vaccine or medication to treat the Ebola virus. It is said that there are vaccines that are undergoing examination but still no actual cure to completely get rid of the disease. This unsettling situation is what sets off most people, knowing that it is possible for Ebola to spread across the U.S brings fear to many since we are still working on a cure. Experiments are in trial and tests are being ran to reach survival if an individual comes across with Ebola in the future.

This past week, in Chula Vista, a Southwestern College student said she was on a flight with a nurse from Dallas, Texas who was later diagnosed with Ebola. The student used that as a way to get excused from missing class. This news broke out within minutes and police covered the entire building where the girl gave this alarming news to avoid further contamination. Nurses checked the student and found no Ebola symptoms what so ever. After further interviewing the girl, she confessed on making up the story. This is an example of exaggeration and taking advantage of this Ebola news.

Even though this disease is nowhere near to us. For those of you that are freaking out, here are a few ways to prevent getting any disease, including Ebola. Washing your hands as frequently as possible, not coming into contact with other peoples open wounds, unsterilized injections, saliva swapping and any direct contact with another persons blood when having an open wound. Also, it is safe to go to a doctor whenever you feel any symptoms that the Ebola disease gives like nausea or extreme headaches. It is important to cook your food properly and make sure it isn’t below or above the temperature necessary.

Having an Ebola patient in the U.S. has definitely raised concerns like, is it controlled? What can we do to stop it? And will it travel across the U.S? It is said that in order to keep the disease away we need to control it in West Africa. With just one Ebola victim in the U.S. we are not likely to be hit with this deadly illness.

The Ebola disease is at its worse out break compared to when it first leaked in the 1970’s. It is understandable that we must stay aware and updated on the latest news regarding this disease. Though it is deadly and happening today, we should be thankful that it is not spreading and the government is doing the most to keep it under control.